There’s nothing better than a creamy chocolate peanut butter pie. Nothing. It’s is absolutely my dessert weakness and even though I went on a chocolate-free binge for 3 months I decided to break my fast for this vegan chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream pie from Dirty Vegan. I saw it in the cookbook and it was sooooo tempting I gave in and whipped it up. Then, with their permission, decided it was a must-share recipe so you can all make it too.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which help support Honey & Pine Co
It is vegan but don’t let that scare you away from trying it. The vegan ingredients you need are easily available in most grocery stores and you can’t tell a difference when you eat it (unlike those gluten-free tortilla shells I tried last week which may have turned me off of tacos for a few months…blech!).
This vegan chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream pie is creamy and sweet, easily a new favorite. I can tell I’ll be making this over and over again especially when I want to impress others, like at our company picnic in a few weeks. 😉 It’s a little time-consuming because you have to wait for the ice cream to freeze but it’s absolutely worth being patient for.
Also, this vegan chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream pie recipe calls for a prepared graham cracker crust which is completely ok with me because I’ve always struggled to make a great crust. I can whip up a filling easily but crust seems to be nearly impossible for me. If you want to make your own graham cracker crust I’m sure that’s totally fine.
I hope you love it. If you decide to make it, tag me on IG @honeyandpineco so I can see your fabulous results!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 quart vegan vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch size
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 1 rip (but firm) banana, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vanilla vegan soy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter and maple syrup; combine with ice cream.
- Spread half of ice cream mixture evenly in pie crust. Sprinkle an even layer of ¼ cup of the chopped peanuts on top of ice cream layer and arrange banana slices evenly over top of peanuts. Place in freezer while you make chocolate ganache.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt chocolate chips, soy milk and coconut oil together, stirring frequently. When well combined, remove ganache from heat and set aside.
- Remove pie from freezer and pour on a layer of half of the chocolate ganache; spread remaining ice cream mixture on top of that.
- Lastly, sprinkle ¼ cup chopped peanuts and the last of the chocolate ganache. Sprinkle with last 2 tablespoons of chopped peanuts, cover with lid (that accompanies prepared pie crust) and freeze overnight or until firm.
Want more delicious vegan recipes from Dirty Vegan? Check out the cookbook here.