I received compensation from Alka-Seltzer® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #MyFoodMoment #CollectiveBias
I am so excited to share this spicy black bean burger recipe with you today. It’s one of our favorites and I’ve been making it at least once a week for the last couple of months. Brandon has been straying away from his vegetarian diet and eating more fish lately since it’s high in Omega 3’s. Still, he has occasional cravings for some of his veggie favorites like this burger.
This particular burger is especially spicy due to the jalapenos, chili sauce, and sriracha mayo but it’s worth it. I can handle the spicy stuff just fine but Brandon has occasional heartburn from it. That’s never stopped him from enjoying these burgers though, we just make sure to have Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies on hand (grab a coupon to try them yourself!).
I dice up jalapenos to put in the black bean burger mix and I top them with more fresh jalapenos but if you need to reduce the jalapeno spice you can leave it out of the mix or avoid the extra on top if you prefer. It won’t mess up the burger but you will miss some of the heat that makes these so delicious.
These black bean burgers cause Brandon occasional heartburn which can keep him up at night. He sometimes struggles with sleep and takes melatonin to help him catch his Zzz’s but these Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies contain melatonin to help provide fast relief of occasional heartburn symptoms with sleeplessness so he can eat the foods he wants and still sleep at night.
If you have occasional heartburn with sleeplessness and need symptom relief after eating spicy foods, pick up your coupon for Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies and grab a bottle the next time you’re at Wal-Mart. You can find them in the pharmacy section in the heartburn aisle.
You’ll be able to eat the spicy foods you love, get relief from your heartburn symptoms, and be able to sleep at night.
Try it out on your next Meatless Monday. I hope you enjoy!
Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 1 16oz can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mash the black beans with a fork until they form a thick paste. Stir in the finely chopped green bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and minced garlic. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and chili sauce. Mix the egg mixture into the black beans and stir. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until well combined. The mixture should be sticky but hold together (if the mixture is too loose the burgers will fall apart).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Using your clean (washed) hands, form 4 burger patties. Cook in skillet for 4 minutes, flip, and cook for 4 – 6 minutes or until well browned.