We love pizza and these chipotle veggie pizza appetizers have quickly become one of our favorite ways to indulge at home. They make it so easy to get dinner on the table and help us make sure we’re eating the veggies we have piled up in the kitchen.
I use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls for the crust of these veggie pizza appetizers because they are so easy to work with on a busy day. I love making things from scratch when time allows but sometimes I’m all about the simple shortcuts. With the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, I can just roll it out, pinch it together, and cut the crusts down to mini pizza size if I want to mix up the toppings. I’ll usually make one large pizza but there have been times I’ve pulled it the crust apart into 2 or 4 mini pizzas instead so we can choose our own combinations of veggie toppings. I usually do that when Brandon wants mushrooms because I can’t stand the idea of mushrooms on my pizza.
You can top these veggie pizza appetizers any way you’d like so get creative with your toppings. To make them as pictured I used shredded carrots, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, thinly sliced radishes, shredded cheddar cheese, and crumbled vegetarian bacon from Sweet Earth Foods. I’ve also made these with roasted red peppers, black beans, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, and thinly sliced jalapenos when I’ve been in the mood for something spicier. It’s up to you so mix it up and top them however you’d like to suit your preferences. The key is in the chipotle dressing anyway.
Sometimes, if I’m feeling extra saucy, I’ll drizzle a little bit of Marzetti’s Cilantro Avocado dressing over the top of the veggie pizza appetizers before serving. I love that dressing and do my best to find an excuse to eat it on top of everything. 😉
These really are one of the simplest things to make; I hope you enjoy!
Chipotle Veggie Pizza Appetizers
- 1 Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 8 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Chipotle mayo
- 1 small head Broccoli, chopped
- 1 small Yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, shredded
- 5 Baby Radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 slices Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon (vegetarian), cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Roll the Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough out onto a 9 x 13 baking sheet. Pinch the edges together to form one solid crust. Alternatively, you can pinch the dough together into multiple small pizzas if you prefer to top them differently.
- Bake the crust for 9 – 12 minutes or until fully baked and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese and chipotle mayo together in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Top the dressing with your favorite assortment of vegetables, shredded cheese, and crumbled benevolent bacon. Cool in the refrigerator for 30 – 60 minutes before serving.