Are you all ready for Halloween? How about a spooky Black Bean Spaghetti and Afraid-O sauce dinner?
As you’ve probably noticed over the years, we don’t really do much for this holiday. Since we don’t have kids I’m kind of just meh about the whole thing but I do have fun cooking and baking themed holiday foods. I usually end up taking them to work for my co-workers since Brandon doesn’t eat a lot of sweet stuff.
Last week, Brandon was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance which explains a lot of his stomach troubles but also means my holiday baking plans are going through a major overhaul. I scrapped plans for some Halloween baking except for treats I plan to take to work and I’ve shifted gears into Halloween dinners and snacks instead. We’ve loved using Explore Cuisine
All of the pasta from Explore Cuisine is vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO and made with 100% organic ingredients so if you’re focused on health or wellness right now it’s definitely a brand you need stocked in your kitchen. The Green Lentil Lasagne and Black Bean Spaghetti are perfect for Halloween-themed dinners and are jam-packed with protein and made from only one ingredient each – green lentils and black beans! Yes, seriously.
The white carrot phalanges need to be hand-carved with a little knife to shape them but that’s the hardest part of whipping up this easy Halloween dinner.
The black bean spaghetti couldn’t be any easier and the afraid-o sauce is super simple. If you’ve been wanting to eat more veggies or sneak more veggies into dinner for your kids, this is definitely a recipe you’re going to want to try this month.
Black Bean Spaghetti with Afraid-O Sauce
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti cooked, drained
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce any gluten-free brand
- 1 jar Marinara sauce choose one blood red in color rather than orange
- fresh basil leaves
- Peel 8 white carrots then carve with small knife into finger-bone shape. Steam until al dente. Set aside.
- Heat the sauces in separate saucepans over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place warm Explore Cuisine black bean spaghetti in the center of four serving plates.
- Ladle alfredo sauce over the center of the spaghetti.
- Arrange carrot phalanges over the sauce.
- Splatter marinara sauce over the entire dish, in a gruesome manner.
- Garnish with basil.
If you’re looking for other black bean recipes, you’ll probably love our spicy black bean burgers with jalapenos! So delicious. 🙂