When we travel, we are always looking for locally-owned cafes, diners, and restaurants. What’s the point in going somewhere new just to eat at the same places we’re able to experience at home? The fun of the journey is being able to try new places and experience new adventures. Last week I shared our favorite local eateries here in Charleston, WV (like Dem 2 Brothers) but I’ve recently teamed up with dozens of other bloggers to share where to eat local in their cities.
We have plans to travel all throughout the eastern and northern USA this year so I’m excited to try out some of the places on these lists. The Abbey Burger Bistro in Baltimore, MD that Theresa shared is at the top of my list. Visiting Baltimore has been on our travel bucket list since we moved back to West Virginia and the burgers at Abbey Burger Bistro sound incredible. Plus, they have vegetarian options I know Brandon would devour. 😉 Iberian Pig made Sunshine and Holly’s list of where to eat local in or around Atlanta and I agree with that recommendation 100%; it’s one of the places we miss the most about living there.
These bloggers are sharing their top recommendations for where to eat local when you’re in their areas. Click through and take a look around, there are great recommendations in here!
- Asheville, North Carolina – A Thousand Country Roads
- Baltimore, Maryland – Theresa’s Reviews
- Boston, Massachusetts – Bianca Blogs
- Charleston, West Virginia – Honey and Pine
- Fairfax, Virginia – Cook With 5 Kids
- Lanham, Maryland – Jenny Day by Day
- Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- New York City, New York – Smiling Notes
- North Jersey, New Jersey – Crayons and Cravings
- Western Finger Lakes, New York – Home in the Finger Lakes
- Austin, Texas – Kitchen Concoctions
- Austin, Texas – My Big Fat Happy Life
- Austin, Texas – Hi Lovely
- Forney, Texas – My Life Homemade
- Houston, Texas – Pop Shop America
- Houston, Texas – It’s Pam Del
- Los Angeles, California – Moore or Less Cooking
- Palm Desert, California – Tabler Party of Two
- San Antonio, Texas – Sincerely Onyi
- Seattle, Washington – Revel and Glitter
- Seattle, Washington – Satsuma Designs
- Skagit County, Washington – Long Wait for Isabella
- Bloomington-Normal, Illinois – Become A Coupon Queen
- Canton, Ohio – Hall of Fame Moms
- Carmel, Indiana – Home Maid Simple
- Cleveland, Ohio – Greatest Escapist
- Fort Wayne, Indiana – Kiddies Corner Deals
- Grand Rapids, Michigan – The Epicurean Traveler
- South Suburbs, Chicago, Illinois – Home Everyday
- St. Louis, Missouri – And Hattie Makes Three
- Atlanta, Georgia – Sunshine and Holly
- Charleston, South Carolina – My Borrowed Heaven
- Greenville, South Carolina – Joann’s Food Bites
- Macon, Georgia – Intelligent Domestications
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee – Creative Southern Home
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida – Acupful
- Miami, Florida – Sabrina’s Sea of Colors
No one shared any recommendations about where to eat local in Pittsburgh, PA but we’re looking for suggestions since we’ll be in the area in two weeks! I can’t wait to go; I haven’t been to Pittsburgh in ages.
Where do you recommend eating local in your city? I’d love to hear about your favorite spots!
Weekly Meal Planner
Download your FREE weekly meal planner so you can stay organized for the week ahead and plan for special occasions.