Lately, we’ve had to turn a lot in our lives over to God and trust that He is up to something and that He has a plan for what we’re going through so I thought it would be a good time to share some of my favorite Bible verses about faith.
Faith is a funny thing, you know? You can’t prove it and it’s not tangible yet it’s there in our lives every day. I can’t explain it and Lord knows I’ve tried. It’s just something you feel and trust despite not being able to see or touch it. There’s just a confidence in believing that something you feel is true and that’s all there is to it. I can vividly remember a few moments in my life where I was guided by nothing other than faith and following that guidance led to amazing experiences or decisions. Once was the night I took my husband to the ER because there was something inside of me just telling me, demanding me, to take him to the hospital. They admitted him that night and he had surgery the next day that saved his life. When someone asks me why I took him to the ER that night I have no answer other than, “I felt God telling me to take him, and I trusted my faith.”
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which help support Honey & Pine
Now, as we struggle with Brandon coming off of Klonopin and quitting anxiety medications we’re finding ourselves struggling with all sorts of withdrawal symptoms and pains we didn’t anticipate. On the days I’m struggling with overwhelm and doubt, I find myself going back to my Bible and re-reading these Bible verses about faith to encourage me and see me through.
I bought this gorgeous NIV Beautiful Word Coloring Bible a few months ago and it is, by far, my favorite Bible ever. There is a lot of scripture to color and the Bible verses about faith are colored bold and bright since I’ve been focusing on them so much lately.
Here are a few of my favorites…
Bible verses about faith
- Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1
- For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. – Ephesians 2:8 – 9
- So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17
- For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. – 1 John 5:4
- And Jesus said to him, “‘If you can! All things are possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:23
- And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:22 – 24
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5 – 6
- But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. – James 1:6
- I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. – Galatians 2:20
- But he said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.” – Luke 18:27
- In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; – Ephesians 6:16
I hope that in the moments when you’re feeling weak in spirit, these Bible verses about faith can help restore your heart and lift you back up. Sometimes it feels hard, so hard, I know but He’s there and it’ll all be ok.
Do you have any other favorite verses to keep your strong in faith?
Weekly Meal Planner
Download your FREE weekly meal planner so you can stay organized for the week ahead and plan for special occasions.