Do you ever find yourself sitting around feeling absolutely stuck with no idea what to blog about? I feel like we’ve all been there. Sometimes, my mind is stuck on a topic and goes crazy with a million ideas. Before I know it I’ve filled multiple notebooks with blog post ideas. It’s amazing for mind mapping but it also overwhelms some people I know IRL. It’s great for me though because I always know what to blog about and never run out of writing prompts. Unfortunately, a lot of bloggers aren’t the same way.
I talk to bloggers all of the time about how they feel uninspired and don’t know what to blog about. I decided to share a few blog post ideas from my journals to get you back on the track. I have Jack White playing on my iTunes (Missing Pieces) and I’m ready.
Need ideas to help you decide what to blog about? Here you go…
- Share a marriage lesson you learned from your parents and how it has impacted your own relationship.
- Tell me about the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you and how you apply it to your life.
- What is one goal you pursued and failed to accomplish? What lessons did you learn?
- Let us in on a current favorite. Share a craft, recipe, book, etc.
- Share a story about bullying. Were you bullied? Has a friend/family member been bullied? Were you once a bully? Talk and share insights into the experience.
- How do you keep your blog organized? What are your tips for organizational success?
- Where would you go on your dream vacation? What steps should I take to plan a dream vacation?
- Share a personal story about someone you view as a mentor. Why are they important to you? Why do you think mentors are important?
- If you could donate $10,000 to a charity, which charity would you donate to and why?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- How do you make “Me” time in your busy schedule? Why is it important?
- Go pro blogger. Share your favorite plugins, design tips, fonts, themes, platform, etc.
- Tell me about the best year of your life. What happened? Why was it so special? Is there any life lesson you could teach me?
- Talk money. What is the biggest financial lesson you’ve ever learned?
- What was your dream job when you were younger? Why didn’t you pursue it?
- Share a time you overcame fear and faced a situation with bravery. How can others confront a similar uncomfortable situation?
- What is your morning routine? Do you start with meditation or prayer? Do you exercise or do yoga? Any quick breakfast tips or recipes?
- What quality do you love most about your spouse? How can others cultivate that quality in themselves?
- Share the top 10 (15? 25?) top played songs or albums on your iTunes.
- What is your favorite social media network? Why do you love it? Share any tips you have for success with it.
- Recommend other blogs in your niche. Tell your readers, “If you love me, you might also like…” and recommend a couple of your favorite blogger friends.
- Share a TBT of your worst fashion mistakes (and triumphs!)
- Tell us a road trip story! What happened? How could it have been better?
- Flashback to previous relationships and offer a couple of relationship tips. What did you learn from them? How did they help you grow as a person?
- What sets your heart on fire? What are you passionate about? Introduce me to your passion and tell me how you discovered your passion for it.
- Be vulnerable and talk about any pressure you feel to conform or be perfect. How do you combat it?
- Offer tips for screen-free time and bonding as a family. How can you spend time together without being online?
- Tell me how I could enjoy time outdoors during this season. Is it warm outside? Talk about picnics or parks. Is it cold outside? Maybe share holiday festivals.
- Show a little app love. What apps on your iPhone or tablet are your must-haves? Why do you love them? Why should I download them?
- Share a photo series. Highlight the best of your Instagram or recap your weekend in photos.
- What’s the toughest part of being an adult? Offer life tips.
There you have it! 31 blog post ideas to help you decide what to blog about and get you through your next month of blogging. If you’re not a blogger yet you can use those prompts to get started.
Where do you find inspiration for your blog post ideas? Tweet me @ashleyfromhp and don’t forget to pin this to your blogging boards!
Want to Live Stress-Free?
In my new eBook, I teach you simple solutions for avoiding stress. Get the tips you need to shift your lifestyle choices and develop the conscious habits that lead to stress-free living. Get it free!