Lately, I’ve been reading these Bible verses while we’re trying to conceive. Getting pregnant has been a long struggle for us and I’ve been relying heavily on scripture to get me through my toughest days. Some days it feels like we’re in this alone but we’ve been trying to train ourselves to turn to God during those times. No matter what you’re struggling with, there’s always an answer in the Bible (even if you’re just looking for a few Bible verses about getting pregnant to help give you hope).
I’ve been studying the Bible stories of Sarah, Hannah, and Rebekah. It’s been comforting to be reminded of their trials to motherhood and how they overcame through their faith in God. There is a kindred spirit in the layers of emotion these women felt as they prayed for their children. The story of Hannah as she prayed for Samuel reminds me to seek God in prayer. Rebekah and her twins is a comfort that God has a plan. I keep praying that God bless us with our own child in His right time.
I also picked up this book, Waiting for God to Fill the Cradle: One Month Devotional for Couples and it was a tremendous comfort to my husband and I. If you need to fill your heart with God’s love as you struggle and wait for your own child, I can’t recommend this book highly enough. It walks you through a lot of Bible verses about getting pregnant and prayers to pray over them.
As I mentioned last month, we’ve started using Astroglide TTC Trying To Conceive to help us on our road to parenthood. Its formula supports fertility with adjusted pH levels and unlike other lubricants, it doesn’t hinder the mobility of sperm. Since I was in my mid-20’s people have been asking me when I was going to have a baby. I always put them off with a “Oh, eventually…”. Thinking of it now breaks my heart. I had no idea how right they were. It’s so hard to wait!
I’m struggling through this long wait and turning to the Lord when I can. Right now, these are the Bible verses bringing me the most comfort while I’m praying for our sweet little baby to be conceived.
Bible Verses to Comfort While You’re Trying to Conceive
- For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. – Psalm 84:11
- Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. – Psalm 127:3-5
- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
- He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD! – Psalm 113:9
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. – Philippians 4:6
- May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, – Colossians 1:11
- By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised. – Hebrews 11:11
- Isaac pleaded with the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was unable to have children. The LORD answered Isaac’s prayer, and Rebekah became pregnant with twins. – Genesis 25:21
- I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. – 1 Samuel 1:27
- I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; – Psalm 130:5
Our journey continues and I hope to update you all one day with a joyful announcement! Until then, we wait and pray. If you want to try Astroglide TTC for yourself (and I recommend it because it is the most sperm-friendly product available) you can pick it up here.
Don’t forget to get your copy of Waiting for God to Fill the Cradle. It was such a blessing to us and I know you’ll find comfort in it too.
My Trying to Conceive journey is sponsored by Astroglide TTC™. The opinions and text are all mine.
How long did it take you once you started trying to conceive?
Want to Live Stress-Free?
In my new eBook, I teach you simple solutions for avoiding stress. Get the tips you need to shift your lifestyle choices and develop the conscious habits that lead to stress-free living. Get it free!