My TTC journey is sponsored by Astroglide TTC™. The opinions and text are all mine.
How about a LaMar Baby Watch update? So, last month I filled you all in on our new adventure in to trying to conceive so we can expand our little family. We have lost two sweet little babes and are keeping our hope in prayer that one day we’ll be able to bring home a little one to love and raise. I’m trying to be patient but it’s so hard.
I’ve been reading and re-reading the stories of Sarah, Hannah, and Rebekah in the Bible. It’s been comforting to be reminded of the trials to motherhood that these other women overcame through their faith in God. There is a kindred spirit in the layers of emotion in Sarah as she prayed and waited for her son, Isaac. The story of Hannah as she prayed for her son, Samuel reminds me to continually seek God in prayer as we dream of our little one. Rebekah and her twins is a comfort that God has a plan. I read those stories and I keep praying that God bless us with our own child in His right time.
I also picked up this book, Waiting for God to Fill the Cradle: One Month Devotional for Couples and it was a tremendous comfort to my husband and I. If you need to fill your heart with God’s love as you struggle and wait for a child of your own, I can’t recommend this book highly enough.
As I mentioned last month, we’ve started using Astroglide TTC Trying To Conceive to help us out on our road to parenthood. Its formula supports fertility with adjusted pH levels and, unlike other lubricants, it doesn’t hinder the mobility of sperm (TMI? Sorry friends, but that’s what happens when you talk fertility). Since I was in my mid-20’s people have been asking me when I was going to have a baby. I always put them off with a “Oh, eventually…” and they would always respond with, “By the time you’re ready, you’re going to want to have that baby in your arms as soon as possible.” It used to annoy me but now thinking of it just breaks my heart. I had no idea how right they were. It’s so hard to wait!
Patience isn’t my virtue, especially when it comes to the desire to be a mother, but I’m struggling through it and turning to the Lord whenever I can. Right now, these are the 10 Bible verses bringing me the most comfort while I’m praying for our sweet little baby to be conceived.
Bible Verses to Comfort While You’re Trying to Conceive
- For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. – Psalm 84:11
- Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him. Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands. How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates. – Psalm 127:3-5
- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. – Romans 12:12
- He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD! – Psalm 113:9
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. – Philippians 4:6
- May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, – Colossians 1:11
- By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised. – Hebrews 11:11
- Isaac pleaded with the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was unable to have children. The LORD answered Isaac’s prayer, and Rebekah became pregnant with twins. – Genesis 25:21
- I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. – 1 Samuel 1:27
- I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; – Psalm 130:5
And so our journey continues. I hope to update you all soon and share a big joyful announcement! Until then, we wait and pray. If you want to try Astroglide TTC for yourself (and I recommend you do if you’re TTC because it is the best and most sperm-friendly product on the market) you can pick it up here (and good luck to you!)
Don’t forget to get your copy of Waiting for God to Fill the Cradle. It was such a blessing to us and I know you’ll find comfort in it too.
How long did it take you to conceive once you started down your trying to conceive journey? Did you use Astroglide TTC? What worked for you? Tweet me at @ashleyfromhp