Sometimes I feel like I really need to read Bible verses for women. I read the Bible sometimes and feel like it’s so focused on men that I feel lost and lonely. There have even been days when I’ve read my Bible and sat wondering, “What about me? What about the women? What is there in here that’s about us?” Though, if you look, there are plenty of significant women in the Bible. There is Mary, the mother of Jesus (obviously) and Mary Magdalene. There are Hannah, Leah, Rachel, Sarah, Abigail, Esther, Ruth, Michal, etc. Women do matter and are important in the Bible. The Bible does speak to us but a few days ago I was feeling so disconnected that I sat down to deliberately seek out Bible verses for women.
I’ve just felt so overwhelmed lately but I was really feeling like my heart needed something that pertained specifically to the value of women.
This is the best of what I discovered:
- An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. – Proverbs 31:10
- She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. – Proverbs 31:20-21
- The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down. – Proverbs 14:1
- Behold, you are beautiful, my love, behold, you are beautiful! Your eyes are doves behind your veil. Your hair is like a flock of goats leaping down the slopes of Gilead. – Song of Solomon 4:1
- Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. – Colossians 3:12-13
- Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. – 1 Peter 3:3-5
- A gracious woman attains honor, And ruthless men attain riches. – Proverbs 11:16
- Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things. – 1 Timothy 3:11
- Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. – Proverbs 31:30
- Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all the unfortunate. Open your mouth, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the afflicted and needy. – Proverbs 31:8-9
- Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 2:3-5
- For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. – Galatians 1:10
If you’ve been struggling like I have I recommend the following devotionals for women. I love these books and I am absolutely certain that you will too.