Lately it has felt like almost everyone I know is fighting against feeling overwhelmed. I see it everywhere I look. It’s continually scrolling through my Twitter feed and it’s being shared in threads on my Facebook page. Other blogs I follow are talking about fighting overwhelm and trying to find balance in their lives as they struggle to juggle being a spouse, a parent, an employee, a boss, a friend, and a dozen other titles in a single day. It’s a lot of pressure to put on a person and sometimes it does easily catch up with us.
It makes me sad to see so many people out there feeling like they are drowning in this sea of overwhelming pressure. It’s important that we learn to manage it and that we seek out a comforting place to rest our hearts and souls when it feels like the burden is too much.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which help support Honey & Pine
When I created my first Life Balance Wheel I found that I was missing out on feeding myself spiritually. I had a lot of different things in my life demanding my time and attention but not a single one of those things did anything to comfort me spiritually. I needed to balance my spiritual needs with the demands of family and career that were monopolizing my time.
It’s easy to feel that overwhelmed stress when you are juggling so many different things and sometimes you just need to steal a few moments to sit and talk with God or read His word. It provides a lot of comfort when you’re feeling stressed and to help you out I put together a list of my 10 favorite Bible verses for when you’re feeling overwhelmed by life’s burdens. I started practicing yoga with at home classes and videos through yogadownload.com and I blocked out a schedule of my time to sit, relax, and read God’s word.
In doing so, I found these great Bible verses for when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- Cast your anxieties on him, for he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2
- The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything. Philippians 4:5-6
- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me. Psalm 142:6
- Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. John 14:1
- There is none holy like the LORD: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. For there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2
- Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5
- But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
and one more for good measure (so let’s make that 11 Bible verses)
- Be still, and know that I am God Psalm 46:10
If you’re continuing to fight stress and overwhelm and are looking for a great resource, I highly recommend one of my favorites, Let God Fight Your Battles by Joyce Meyer.