Lately, I’ve really needed to read these Bible verses for when you’re feeling overwhelmed. Almost everyone I know is fighting overwhelm right now, it’s everywhere I look. It’s scrolling through my Twitter feed and it’s in threads on my Facebook page. Everyone is trying to find balance as they struggle to juggle being a spouse, a parent, an employee, a boss, a friend, and more every day. It’s a lot of pressure and sometimes it easily catches up with us.
It makes me sad to see so many people drowning in this sea of overwhelming pressure. It’s important to manage it and seek a comforting place to rest our hearts when it feels like the burden is too much.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which help support Honey & Pine
I recently realized I wasn’t doing enough to feed myself spiritually. I had a lot of different things demanding my time but nothing did anything to comfort me spiritually. I needed to balance my spiritual needs with the demands of family and career that were monopolizing my time.
It’s easy to feel that overwhelmed stress when you’re juggling so much and sometimes you need to steal a few moments to sit and talk with God. It provides a lot of comforts and to help I put together a list of my favorite Bible verses for when you’re feeling overwhelmed. I started practicing yoga with at home videos through yogadownload.com and I blocked out time to sit, relax, and read.
I found these great Bible verses for when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
- Cast your anxieties on him, for he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2
- The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything. Philippians 4:5-6
- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Then You knew my path. In the way in which I walk They have secretly set a snare for me. Psalm 142:6
- Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. John 14:1
- There is none holy like the LORD: Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. For there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2
- Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:5
- But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
and one more for good measure…
- Be still, and know that I am God Psalm 46:10
If you’re continuing to fight stress and overwhelm and are looking for a great resource, I highly recommend one of my favorites, Let God Fight Your Battles by Joyce Meyer.
Want to Live Stress-Free?
In my new eBook, I teach you simple solutions for avoiding stress. Get the tips you need to shift your lifestyle choices and develop the conscious habits that lead to stress-free living. Get it free!